Guide Install Android 9 Pie Based New Pixel Experience ROM on POCO F1
Even the different versions of the ROM are titled ‘baked potato’, ‘dumaloo’ etc. The added functionalities of Havoc-OS include tons of mods for the Status bar, buttons, lights, gestures, and other various configurations. While at times, it lacks stability, I can surely say that it has the maximum customizability features.
By now, it should be no surprise that the Xiaomi Poco F1 is shaping up to be a best-selling phone. It was launched in India on August 22, and it is now available in 65 countries. The Poco F1 is the first smartphone from Poco, a new online-only sub-brand of Xiaomi. The phone ships with “MIUI 9 for Poco” (with Poco Launcher) on top of Android 8.1 Oreo. Right about a year ago, the team behind CarbonROM had announced their Android Oreo releases in the form of CarbonROM Noct.
The downside is the F1 doesn’t excel at anything else besides the battery life and its great performance-to-price ratio. The design is uninspiring, unless you pick up the more expensive Kevlar model. There are a lot of software features, but none of them really stand out. The POCOphone F1 also features an infrared-based face unlock sensor, which works fast and accurately. Because it’s IR-based, it functions well in all lighting conditions, negating the need to use the fingerprint sensor in most cases. Xiaomi noted that, in some markets, the feature will be activated with a future software update.
- The developers released the first official builds for nearly 40 devices back in April and added some more smartphones to the roster over the next few weeks.
- Recovery ROM for Global POCO F1 is Stable release and needed to flashed under the Recovery mode of your POCO F1 (beryllium) device.
- If you can’t get things working, see “Miscellaneous MagiskHide issues” above.
- To get an overview of what is available, take a look at the index above.
- By following our post, you agree that you understand the risks involved and will take full responsibility for whatever happens download the firmware to your device.
- Recovery ROM for Global POCO F1 is Weekly/Beta release and needed to flashed under the Recovery mode of your POCO F1 (beryllium) device.
They are the ones who made the infamous Oxygen OS port for POCO F1. You can follow them on their telegram channel for more support and bug reporting. The back has a shiny Pocophone logo plus a vertical module for the two cameras and fingerprint sensor (with the dual-LED flash). I don’t like the sensor being this close to the camera’s glass, but in my use, I found little evidence of my finger’s grease or prints on the camera. I recently purchased the Xiaomi Poco F1, and I intend to use this device for the long-term.